Wednesday 26 December 2012

AHMEDABAD DIARIES: CHAPTER VI MEET MY MATES.......


A month old in this city now and I am still taking things slowly and learning a lot of new things. Things are on the better side now. Been able to gel well with my roommates and it's been going quite good as of now. Though there are a lot of things that I have still not accustomed myself to, maybe because a lot of things here are way too different from Delhi. The lifestyle and everything. Things are just way too different. Well, what else can I expect this is a small town on the border of Gujarat. In all honesty however, this city is still better than what I had expected. Nothing against the city, but the name itself isn't really attractive. 


So, after a month, I have roommates and a place I can call home. A place I can return to in the evening saying “I am going home”. If you remember I had told you about the house and I believe you pretty much have an idea how the house looked like. Well, it is totally different now. It's clean and every sink has been sorted. So things are just fine with the house right now. I sometimes feel kind of lonely and awkward living with people I hardly know anything about. But these people have been quite nice, they've done quite well in making me feel comfortable and honestly, I do feel comfortable most of the time. Apart from odd times here and there in between, I am okay with it.
Okay, so I told you that all of them work in banks and the best part is, all of them have different, very different personality from each other. It ranges from being funny to being a bit oversmart. I mean, they are poles apart, which I think is a good thing as it makes staying there a bit more interesting. 
Alright, so the other two guys are quite fine, they are nice to talk and in every aspect they look and seem to be one of those normal bankers. Not much into their works, I don't mean that they are not hard working, they however are not one of those obsessive about their work. They do have a bit of sense of keeping work and life separated from one another. Apart from that they are quite nice to talk to, I mean, unlike the Boss of the house, these two can  strike up a sensible conversation, which always is a welcomed gesture to me. I like people with a good conversational skills, maybe because I suck at it. 
The "Boss of the house" is a different personality from others. Never met someone quite like him, he's one in million type of guy. Well, we call him "Sirji". Why????? Because, he is the oldest tenant in the house, he actually was the one who found out this house and the others joined him later on, like me. So, you could say he is the ultimate authority in the house and we don't interfere much in what he says. He also has a knack of not listening to people, not that he's rude or arrogant or something, he just don't listen to anyone and even if he does, he doesn't seem to take anything in consideration. 


Let me tell you a bit more about him. Though it hasn't been very long and I am yet to understand each one fully or know their personalities better. There are however a thing or two that I have so far observed. "Sirji" as we call him, is a kind of person who doesn't spend much of his money. I mean, I have seen him going through the entire day without even spending a single buck. Doesn't even drink a tea or coffee with his money. He's like if someone is willing to pay for him then he doesn't mind having but if he were to pay he'd rather not have it.
Okay, did I tell, that there is a TV in the house but no cable connection. So we other three discussed to have a cable connection and we agreed on it. We called the operator to come and get it done. But "Sirji" had different ideas. Oh, did I tell you how much the cable connection was for? 200 Bucks and we were supposed to share it equally, which he did not agree to, saying it's just a wastage of money. Come on, it's just 50 bucks. We even told him not to share it if he don't want, but then he'd say that it will just increase the electric bill. So after a long discussion he sent the cable guy back saying we don't want it. The rest of us could not say anything else, after all he's the Boss.
He's a kind of person, if you leave a light switch on he'd just go and turn it off without even asking if it's still in use or not. He'd just turn it off. He's like that, every night at exactly 10pm he'd just switch off the lights in the entire house. Why?? Because we don't need these lights on at night, it just increases the light bill and he doesn't want those extra expenses. Sometimes annoying, however no one says anything about it. So, I don't wanna be the one to always complain about things. 
Oh, well yeah, I had complained about a few things or two, when I entered the house initially. However I was told later that it was of no use so, I just sort of stopped it. He is a kind of person you just cannot indulge yourself in a meaningful conversation with. Half of the things that he says doesn't make sense and the other half, just plain useless things. He talks a lot though, mostly without making much of a sense and the other times he doesn't understands what we say, maybe because I don't make sense sometimes myself. So, it's of no use talking to him most of the times.
He's getting married on the first of February, and let me tell you, he is friggin excited about it. He'd sometimes bombard us with all kinds of questions. Like, who should be treated as the most important after marriage? What keeps a woman happy? How to keep married life and work life in a balance? Is it okay if my wife is not virgin? How would I find out if my wife is a virgin or not? Well, these are just one of those questions. I mean, how are we supposed to know all these. We are not even married and honestly, not even close to getting married. And sometimes it's better not to answer him, because if you do, then that would attract another question.
Oh, yeah I have not even told you the best thing yet. This weekend, I went to a hotel to stay a night there. I wanted to watch Liverpool's match, so I went, we're gonna talk about it later. On Sunday afternoon, he sends me a text.
Sirji: Our tiffin centre is closed, so wed need to eat somewhere else.
Me: Ok.
Sirji: Okay we'll go to Krishna Restaurant (The second best in the town) and eat there. This would be a Christmas party from your side.
Me: Okay. (Well I had no other option to be honest, after all it's our festival).
I mean I was so shocked when he sent me that. We hardly know each other, even if we knew, I don't think I'd be comfortable enough to ask him something like that. He however had no hesitation. Which was okay, but funny and a bit awkward.


The most annoying thing that he does is that, whenever in discussion about something, he'd speak in agreement only to change his mind later on  not to forget he's oversmart. He sometimes acts like he knows everything and sometimes speaks even when he doesn't.
So, this is the kind of people I live with. Glad that finally I am going home for Christmas and will be away from all these things. Really looking forward to eating home cooked food, honestly the food here is not bad but it's a bit too spicy for my liking. I mean for one or two days its fine, eating that every day however is a bit of a problem for me.
So, goodbye to all that for a week, I am going home. For the first time, Goodbye isn't hurting me. Thank God.
Well, I will see you soon. Till then take care and stay safe. 
Adios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


P.S.- Finally, I am happy.


1 comment:

  1. I have been reading your blogs for a while now. I like it a lot because it contains everything that goes around in your life. you might not have the most exciting life but you surely make it interesting through your writing. Been learning a lot through your blogs. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete