Wednesday 5 September 2012

CHAPTER 36/52: Elation And Frustration, Two Sides Of A Coin

I reckon y’all know how the few days been for me this past week. From the driving session and the near accident to long hours of driving, rain and nostalgia, bet you know about this shit (Oooooopsssss… If you read the previous blogs, then you surely would!!!!).
It’s been a mixed bag of emotions for me this past week. From excitement to panic, from anxiety to nostalgia and from annoyance to anger. Pretty eventful week as far as emotions are concerned. The ending to the week however, was just as much not up to scratch to say the least.
Saturday, well not much in the day for me, just went to an uncle's, friend’s dad to be precise, retirement thing. Kinda nice to be there, the weather however sucked a big time!!!! And I mean it. It was so friggin hot and humid. Took away all the fun, I managed to have my bit of fun though.
Oh, and I forgot to tell you the best part. My friend was supposed to give a speech, rather a thank you note to his parents. And guess who wrote the message for him. 
You gotcha!!!!! I did.
Kinda proud of myself.
And one more thing, he asked me to write it down for him. Great!!!! Right.
The hectic day ended and pretty tired, so just slept. Good day, but as they say, all good things must come to an end, so did this day.
Sunday, hmmmmm……. A big day, mainly for two reasons. First, we had a friendly match against a B Division team here. A pre-season friendly for them and for us, a chance to play with a professional team.
Second, Liverpool’s match with Arsenal in the evening. Nuri Sahin’s debut for Liverpool, pretty much freaked out about it.
Buzzing with excitement!!!!!
Been waiting for this day the whole week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the match…….. We reached the ground, with a fair bit of excitement, but mind you, we were not full strength team. 5 of our first team players could not make it because of their prior engagements.
Our captain, well he was out of town because of his job and so was our central midfielder. And the rest were busy.
Looking at the team, things looked pretty fucked!!!!!! And I mean it; we were kind of bracing ourselves for a thrashing.
The whistle blew and the game started.
To my surprise though, the first half wasn’t all too bad and it ended 1-1, though we could have gone 2-1 up had it not been for a freak miss by our striker, who just couldn’t put the ball in the open goal.
That left everyone gasping, including me.
In the second half however, things just got out of hands and we lost the match 4-2. Thoroughly disappointing, we could have done a better job. To tell you the truth, we didn’t play that bad either.
And you know what?????????? I friggin scored a GOAL.
And to be honest, it was a great goal, one of the best I’ve scored so far.
But that didn’t take away the frustration of losing. Our 12 match unbeaten run came to an end. Everyone’s gutted, not a single word was spoken once the match got over. Deep down inside however we all knew that we played with a much depleted squad and we did well enough, but a defeat always stings and so it did.
As a team I reckon everyone sees a day like this and we are no different from everyone else.
But as said before, all good things must come to an end, so did this one as well.
At home now and preparing myself for the match I had been waiting for the entire week.
So, glued in front of the Tivo, ready with my Liverpool shirt. Hey, did I ever tell you that I always wear Liverpool shirt when I watch them play. Watching it alone, I always do it, and it works just fine for me. I’d rather not watch a match in a crowd, honestly it hurts more when my team loses and people taunt me with that. It’s something that I can’t put up with. Frankly, I was never good at it anyways.
Very excited!!!!!!!!!!!!Bring it on Gunners!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sadly however, things did not go the way I had expected and Liverpool lost the match 2-0. Fairly disappointed.
What’s wrong with Liverpool????????????????????????????
Just like a friend says “I love Liverpool to the core, but sometimes it’s the most frustrating thing in the world.”
Probably right on that, just as much I love Liverpool, it's always frustrating to see them lose, and lately they have been doing it just a bit too much for my liking.
Two games and two losses, not a very good day for me. Frustrating??? Yes it friggin was, and it still is. At the same time however, I couldn't help but feeling happy about the goal.
Later at night, keeping the entire day aside I watched a movie that a friend had suggested a while back. “The Butterfly Circus”, short movie, just 20 minutes of runtime, however deffo worth watching and pretty inspiring as well.
If you haven’t seen it, then I strongly recommend that you do, just as soon as possible and be ready to be inspired. Just like I was.
What began with huge excitement and looked set to end in a frustration, rather ended in somewhat inspired mode, all thanks to The Butterfly Circus. That’s the end of chapter 36/52, not much in it, however enough drama for me to write and share it. Thanks for listening. I’ll see you very soon. Till then stay safe and take care.
Au Revior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment