Friday 30 November 2012

OF KEEPING MEMORIES AND MOVING ON



There are times in everyone’s life, when we all look back at certain situation, place, person or time. Some fondly while a lot with a bit of sadness and sometimes with grave pain inside. Everyone goes through the pleasure and displeasure, well, in any way which you might wanna take it. These are things we call “memories”. I look back at them a lot. Not sure if it happens with you or not, a lot of times I rather seem to indulge myself in bitter memories than those I could possibly cherish. A lot of people around me complain about this. Yes, people who care, they just say it on my face. Sometimes to the extent of hurting me momentarily with their scuttlebutt, I rather choose to ignore it though. I know they don't mean anything but my good.
Concerning complains....... Well, they are not alone. I do complain about that quite often to myself as well. It’s one thing that I don’t really like about me, oh well, there are a lot of things that I don’t like and honestly, this is just one of them.
The other day I had a conversation with a friend, ummmmmm… A close friend I should say. Someone I don’t hesitate telling everything to, in short my 3 am friend. I say whatever I want to and be whoever I want to and still get away with everything.
As it happened I saw a picture that she had kept in one of her profiles, which in my opinion did not seem like a very good idea. So I just asked her. More because of curiosity than anything else.
Me: Why did you keep this picture?
Friend: Oh, that….. Well, it’s a memory and I feel some memories are to be kept and I think this is one of them.
Me; Fair enough. What if your boyfriend don’t like it.
Friend: Well, it’s up to my boyfriend to live with it, because it’s one thing that I can’t take away.
Me: For sure you can’t take it away and you never will be able to, but why keep them to remind yourself of those times. Doesn't make sense to me.
Okay, let me tell you. We are very close and we probably talk about everything and when I say everything, I mean everything. However there is one small glitch. We don’t seem to agree on anything, we are just the opposite. Be it our likings, hobbies, perception towards things, attitude and overall outlook about life. In short, if she's positive then I am negative, if she is South Pole then I am the North Pole. That's how we are.
I am more of a whiner but that of course doesn’t change anything. We fight, argue and end up being pissed with each other, sometimes proper pissed but the next day everything just seem to go away. The following day all seem to just go away like nothing ever happened to us.
Friend: Well, I think you are just being narrow minded here. It’s just a memory and nothing else, not like I wanna go back to the days but I just wanna keep it.
Me: Oh, me narrow minded?? (In a bit of sarcastic tone). If I were your boyfriend I would be proper pissed and I would not be fine until you take that away.
Friend: Now you are just being a typical guy. (Well, she can get just as much sarcastic when she wants to!!!!!!)
Me: Not being a typical guy, but I guess this is just not right and if I were your boyfriend, it would surely hurt me to know these memories are much more important than my feelings.
Friend: Oh, well you and your feelings.
Me; Yeah, I know, I think about myself just a bit too much and I am selfish. But sometimes you gotta be selfish. Let me as you one question.
Friend: Yeah, go ahead.
Me: Well, imagine I am your partner. Now tell me, if you remove that thing, then would it hurt you?
Friend: No.
Me: Well, it’d hurt me if you kept it.
Friend: That’s your problem then!!!!!!!!!!
Me: So, even after knowing that it would hurt me, you are not going to take that off.
Friend: NO. I will not take it off.
Me: Well, what can I say then? You know how I'd feel and the rest is up to you.
 Friend: Yeah. Fine.
That’s how we ended. Well, that’s how almost all arguments end, without    any conclusion but whole loads of apologies thrown from each sides.
That’s me. Love me or hate me, that’s who I am and I can’t probably change it. You might not agree with me on this and I know a lot of you won’t.
I might be naïve, a bit self centered and selfish, I however know a thing or two about memories. First, things that happen in the past, never goes away. Second, no one can forget what happened in the past whether good or bad. Third, what we all do is just learn from them, live with them and just move on. I strongly feel that’s how it should be.
There might be a lot of things that made you happy and you might cherish it all through your life. You don’t need to gloat about that though. Few things are okay to be kept and cherished, but what’s the point in showing everyone what kind of times you had back in those days, when you know all of that don't even matter to you anymore.
Disagree with me, it’s your wish and everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, I however have just a small question. What if your past brings discomfort to you present? Would you still live in it then? Or would you just move on? 
Simple questions, because I feel sometimes things of past should remain in the past. They should in no way, be brought to your present, especially if it brings any kind of discontentment in the present. Don't regret what you did in the past, because at that point of time it seemed the best thing to you. However learn to just move on and leave them behind when they are no longer important. Doesn't mean that you would in any way forget them. NO. that won't happen and will never happen. Rest assured about that. But why clinging onto them when you know holding on will not do any good. Sometimes it's better to leave what has happened and move on, no matter how lonely the road gets. If it doesn't do anything good to your present then it's better forgotten. I feel sometimes memories are worth the pain, but sometimes they are not.
Selfish, speaking like a typical guy? Yes, I may be, but I don’t do it and I wouldn’t like it if it happened to me.
Just a bit of thoughts or maybe things that I needed to get off from my chest. Relieved now and yeah, mind you....... I have no intentions of offending anyone whatsoever.
That’s it for now, I will be back to annoy you, you know I just can’t stay away from you for too long :P. Hope it's sooner rather than later though.
See you very soon. Till then take care and stay safe.
Adios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on this one. Memories are a part of us but if it hurts us or people around us then it's better to move on. This is just plain honesty and that's what i like about you. You don't look to write something really mellow but always honest with no intentions of hurting anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!!!! Glad to know that i have found someone who agrees with me on this. Haha. Thanks. I know i am not good at it, but i just write what i feel and i love it :D

      Delete
  2. It's an interesting read. Kind of funny yet honest and strong. I agree with both views, both are strong. But i have more inclination towards your views. Memories should not be kept if they in anyway brings discomfort to the present. Well said.

    ReplyDelete