Friday 11 January 2013

AHMEDABAD DIARIES: CHAPTER IX THE WEEK

“Country roads, take me home, to the place where I belong”
Finally, reached the place where I belong. It’s 8 am in the morning. I had expected to reach here by 4 am. I however think it’s better, because had I reached on time, it would still be dark. And honestly, I am not very comfortable with it anymore. I used to be a nightcrawler, but gone are those days. I mean, now it’s been so long since I have stopped going out at nights that going out late no longer seem to be a very good idea to me. This is one of the changes that Dahod has brought in me and I guess it is one of the better changes that has taken place.
Hmmmm…. So, here I am. So eager to get home now that I don’t even have the patience to look for an auto. So, I just took the first cab that came my way. He asked for just a little bit more than what I usually pay, but that was okay with me as long as it drops me to my house. I am happy. Took the cab and reached home at around 9 am. Mom was waiting for me at the door and you can’t imagine how happy I was to see her. I just couldn’t help but smile and hug her. Oh yeah, being a boy, I had never hugged my mom before, well, not at least the way I did today. It might sound a bit strange but I started hugging my mom just a few months back. It was awkward initially, but it’s always nice and feels really comfortable.
Most part of that day was spent on the bed. I reckon you could guess that I was a bit tired. So, whatever plans I had for that day did not actually happen. But I am not complaining, I needed some rest, so I rested. Went out for a while in the evening. Well, it was more like going to Christmas celebrations, that too in our traditional way. Well, we call it “Leengkhawmna”. Stayed there for few hours and went back home. So the first day, it was not as bad.
This!!!!!
I had made a bucket list of things that I would do while I am in Delhi and watching few movies were on top, not to forget gorging on some homemade food and tribal dishes. First, the food. Mom made pork chops with Bamboo shoots with our traditional chutney called “Iromba”…….. Simply mind blowing. I can’t remember the last time I ate so much in my life. Honestly, I was so full that I could barely move. Tired to be honest, but satisfied. I mean, while at home I never craved for it and I would eat out more often than not, now though every friggin dish just tastes so good. One line, “I just can’t get enough”.
So, one down and a few more to go. Next up, movies. “Life of Pi” and “The Hobbit” to be precise. Wanted to watch them before but I just couldn’t, I reckon you remember the kind of place I live in. It was not possible there to be honest. So, I needed to make the most of my stay in Delhi. First up, “The Hobbit”, went with three friends of mine. Well, my treat was due, so I paid for the entire thing. It was a great experience, honestly it’s been long since I had days like this. Though we did not do anything crazy, like I used to but it still was fun. Maybe because of the people I went out with. They just made everything special.
Then came the day, another topper on my bucket list. This was one of the reasons I came to Delhi. I mean, I just couldn’t miss it for anything. No further details about it but I can tell you it’s something very important and special, so, I just had to be here. As fate however would have it, things did not go as I planned. Everything got cancelled and the day, well what can I say about it. It was spent in a gloomy mood, I don’t know if it happens to you, however when I set my heart at something then I can’t just take my mind off it. And if it doesn’t happen then I stay gloomy and whine about it the whole day, sometimes it takes me more than that to get to normal. That’s how I am. So, the entire day wasted, I wanted to get angry, shout and scream but honestly, there was very little I could do about it. Believe it or not, this set the mood for next two days, all doom and gloom around me. The weather did not help either, it was all so gloomy, I couldn’t get things set right. Though I tried, yeah I did. But I failed to be honest.
Okay, so those two days seemed like a month and honestly, it was not nice to be in a situation like that. That however was all set to change soon. Finally, going to see “Life of Pi”, the movie I had been waiting to see for a while now. And the best part, this time around it will just be me and a certain someone. (Oh, well… we’ll get into the details later on!!!!!) As of now it is detailed enough to know that she’s special. So we went, the movie, it wasn’t as good as I had expected it to be but everything else was good. The acting could have been better. Just a bit of natural acting from the Indian actors and it would have been a perfect movie.
But in all honesty, it was not about the movie. Movie was just a way for us to spend some time together, which we did and let me tell you. It was just great. I mean these are the memories that keeps you going. Though we did not do much, but we sure created some beautiful memories. Later that evening, my sister joined us. Well, I was supposed to buy her a birthday gift. It had been pending for past few weeks. We ran out of ideas as to what to buy, so we called her. She came however we could not agree to any thing, neither could she make up her mind. So we ended up without buying anything, just spending sometime walking around the mall. Tiring but enjoyed it. Sometimes it’s just so nice to be with people you like, you don’t seem to care what you do or don’t or where you go. All that just don’t matter. That’s what happened. One word. Happy.
Oh, yeah that was the last day of year 2012. I should say it was well spent. Every moment and everything we did was just incredible. I mean, we did not need to do anything extra ordinary for each other, just being together was enough to create the magic. So it did.
I welcomed the New Year with my family, with some traditional prayers and stuff. There were no plans to go out or party or anything of that sort. For two reasons. One, it was really cold outside and I would much prefer to stay home rather than go out. Second, call me old fashioned but I always believed that this is one day to be with family. I mean, first day of the year should always be welcomed with the family no matter what, yeah; it’s a different thing if it’s unavoidable.
Then church in the morning, it was all nice to be around people I knew for a long time. But behind the smile there was a certain sadness. Maybe because of the realization that I will have to leave tomorrow, for the place I really don’t like. So, mixed emotions on the day and evening again, we met. This time however it was just a short while. Though, I was happy with it, I however thought and wished if only I had a few more time. I mean the meeting left a lot to desired for.
I guess this is becoming a bit too long, so, will post this in sequels. It will be out very soon. Just wait and keep checking. I will see you very soon. Till then make care and stay safe.
Adios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. - I still wish if I had more time to spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment