Tuesday 8 January 2013

LOVE IS JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE NOT................


Am I feeling all lovey dovey today? In fact, NO.  Just remembered something from a while back. Well, it's nothing but one of those regular arguments between a friend and I. Hope you remember the 3 am friend I had told you about. Yeah, I also remember telling you that we talk about all kinds of things. Our conversations are not limited to a particular topic or anything. It ranges, from everything to everything. Sometimes they can be really boring, other times however we do talk about some serious issues and something interesting.

This happened the other night, we happened to bump into Love. Well, as you know it, we have different opinion (Remember the North Pole, South Pole thing?????). We agreed on the importance and the value of Love however could not get to the same page when we spoke about what Love is. Love is a lot of things and we agreed on most, however when it came to Love being JEALOUS or not. We could not agree. Well, I belong to the school which believes that love is Jealous and she, to the school which believes that it is not.
Me: What do you think then, is love jealous.
She: No. It is not.
Me: Why?
She: Have you not read the bible. 1st Corinthians to be precise.
Me: Ummmmm..... Yeah, I did.
She: Then what does it say.
Me: Ummmmmm.... It talks about Love and what Love is.
She: Exactly and doesn't it say that It is everything but Jealous.
Me: Yeah, it is. I however don't believe in that. I believe it is.
She: Well, if your Love is true and pure then it is not.
Me: How can you say that? There are different types of people with different thoughts about it.
She: This is how it is and this is what I believe.
Me: Okay let me ask you what the greatest love is.

She: It’s God’s love. (The answer came after a long thought though!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Me: So, you think and believe that his love is the purest.
She: Yeah.
Me: Oh, Well..... Let me ask you. You say God loves us and he gets jealous if we worship other Gods, right!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't that mean that it is jealous?
She: I knew you were going to say that and I was kinda prepared for it. Well, that's his Love and the jealousy because we were not faithful.
Me: Exactly. Not everyone is faithful in this world. I can Love someone who is not, I can Love her without trusting and I can Love her and still be jealous when she talks or goes out with someone else.
She: You can't Love someone without trusting them and jealousy, if you are jealous that means you don't Love her. Love is way beyond all these feelings.
Me: I don't believe that. I think Love is jealous but Lust is not.
She: That's not true. Just because you get jealous, you can't say that.
Me: Oh, well yeah I can. See, if I have a girlfriend who talks a lot to someone particular, goes out with him and is close with him. Then I am bound to be jealous. That's because I Love her.
She: Mmmmm...Hmmmmm.... Go on.
Me: And if I don't care what she does behind my back and who she meets and where she goes and still kisses me every time we meet and I am okay with. Then I don't think that's Love. It's lust.
She: You are impossible.
Me: Yeah and you are the best. You'd be one cool girlfriend (Note the sarcasm!!!!!!!!!!!)
She: Shut Up. (In a bit miffed tone)
Me: See, that is what I am talking about. If you love someone and if that person gets a bit too close to someone else then you are ought to feel jealous. Because you love them.
She: If that happens then I would just let him to go her. What’s the point of feeling jealous if they don’t care about it.
Me: That’s where you are wrong. When you love someone, you don’t give them a condition to love you back.
She: You are being bookish.
Me: I am not. This is bookish but true okay. Because you see, I will feel jealous if that happens and I am not going to let her go. I will try my best to bring her close again, while jealousy will deffo be there.
She: What if you fail?
Me: If I fail then I can at least tell myself that I did my best. And I don’t believe in “If you love someone just set them free. If they come back they are yours and if they don’t they were never meant to be”. I rather believe in “If you love someone then just hold on to them so tight that they cannot get away.”
She: Yeah, right. I can see that. What if they still want to get away from you?
Me: Then it will be a bye-bye. If that happens then I will not even take her if she ever comes back. Once I say it’s the end, then it is the end. Period.
She: I don’t know about that. But I still believe that Love is not jealous. I think no one will ever be able to make me believe that it is.
Me: See, that’s what I am trying to say. You believe that love is not jealous because it’s written in the Bible. I am not getting into any kind of blasphemy or something. But just think. God himself is jealous when we drift away from him. Then if he says love is not jealous, than in my view that is Hypocrisy.
She: No it’s not. He is jealous because he loves us a lot.
Me: That’s what my whole point is. See, I love someone a lot and if I see her with someone else, being comfortable with someone else, then I would certainly feel jealous. I think every lover would feel the same.
By this time I thought I had made my point quite clear and for the first time, I was kinda sensing a victory in the argument as well.
She: No. I won’t. I don’t just believe in it because it’s written in the bible. But this is how a true love supposed to be.
Me: I am not sure if I’ll ever be able to convince you or not. But I do believe that love is jealous, if not much then a bit.
She: No. It is not and it will never be.
Me: Okay, let's cut this out. As it is, we don't seem to be at the same page and there will be no ending to the argument.
That's how we ended the conversation. Then we proceeded to talk about something else. As I always said, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that. The least I expect from them is to respect mine as well. Just a bit of thought, what she said might be true and that's how real Love should be. Then again I think, if that were supposed to be the way, then why do we all get jealous (Oh, well.... bar a few people). Even our God feels jealousy.

A lot would agree with me and a lot will not. In my view however, if you love someone then jealousy should be there, so does possessiveness. If these things are not there in a relationship then I think you don’t value your partner much. That’s just my thoughts however; no one needs to agree to it.

Love is jealous?????? Hmmmmm…. Maybe not. I leave that to your discretion.

That’s it for now. Will see you very soon. Till then, take care and stay safe.

Adios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


P.S.- Love is jealous.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my god. How can we agree on almost everything. This is fun, i really liked reading it. maybe because i agree with you on this one. Like, strongly agree. if you love someone then you are ought to feel jealous. well said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thanks a lot. This is just a piece of a conversation.lol. Glad that you liked it though. And yeah, love definitely is jealous. :)

      Delete
  2. Love is jealous. that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought i would not comment. but me thinks love is jealous. it has to be, if it's not then it's not love. you know what i mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love is jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, lads!!!!! Love is jealous. If it is not. then it is not love. :P

      Delete