Thursday 3 January 2013

AHMEDABAD DIARIES: CHAPTER VIII A RED WEEKEND IN A HOTEL.


It's been quite a good experience so far. Though we talk a lot about getting a cable connection and agree on it sometimes, but it never materialized. Reason. Well, the boss always agrees only to change his mind later. It has happened a lot of times and I am pretty much annoyed by it now. I have finally decided I am not going to say anything anymore and if I want something I will just try to find a way without even putting them to any kind of discomfort or without even bothering them.
So, it was weekend again and other roommates back home. It was just the "Boss and I at home, Liverpool playing a crucial match and I really wanted to see it. I gave one last try to convince the boss for the cable connection without any positive affect. So, I decided if this is how it's going to be. So, be it. So, I booked a room in a hotel for a night. Well, yeah, it seemed like a waste of money and if I tell my parents about it, they will not be very pleased with it. I am sure, that however needed to be done. I mean, come on. I can't stay with him alone for two days. That's the first reason. I wanted to watch Liverpool match. That's second and the thid, I was a bit pissed with him and I did not wanted to talk to him. I would have had I stayed but I really did not wanted to piss myself more. So, this seemed like the best idea.
So, right after work I called the hotel to check if there is any room vacant. There was none. But the reception guy knew me (After all I stayed there for a month). So, I requested him to arrange for it. So, he did. All set to check in. I went home toget my night clothes. Boss, was already waiting for me.
Boss: When should we go to have dinner.
Me: Oh, I am sorry, I will have to go to my relatives house. I will be staying there.
Boss: Okay, it's fine. When will you be back.
Me: Maybe Monday morning or Sunday night. Cant say anything about it now. But I will let you know.
Boss: Okay, let me know. And yeah, are you going home for Christmas.
Me: Yeah, I am. But not sure when will I leave.
Boss: Okay, do let me know about it as well. If you leave we'd need to cancel your tiffin.
Me: Okay, once I get the ticket, I will for sure. (I am a bit annoyed by now!!!!!!!!)
Boss: Okay, and what about your Christmas party.
Now, this is too much. I mean, I hardly know him. I would have never thought about it and asking is just way out of line. I was shocked to hear that. I wanted to tell him "I am going to a hotel to stay a night there all because of you." I would said it as well, but then someone had taken a promise that I will keep my cool no matter what. So I did.
Me: I don't know about that sir. We'll decide that once I come back.
Boss: Yes. Decide fast okay. Its your festival and a party is a must.
Me: Yeah sure. Don't worry about it. I will.
So I packed my clothes and left. He asked to drop me, but I said it's okay as my peon was waiting for me downstairs. So I left and checked into the hotel. Ohhhhhh... This feels like a homecoming. And what a co-incidence, I got the same room where I stayed for a month. So, comfortable with it. Waiting for the match eagerly. It starts at 11pm and I still have like good 5 hours left. So, I went out for a while, just strolled around.  Then went back to the hotel at 8.30pm. Almost time for dinner, so I went to the place where I usually ate while staying in the hotel.
The owner was kind of happy to see me back. We shook hands(Tranditional style here) and then talked for a while.
He: How are you Saheb. (Well, people here call Saheb, intead of Sir or Saab.)
Me: Sirji, I found a house now and I am staying near the office.
He: Thats good then. How is the house.
Me: It's okay. Not bad.
He: How long are you going to stay here?
Me: well, I am here just for a day. Will be going back tomorrow.
He: Okay, that's good. Hope to see you around.
Me: yeah, you will. After I will be coming back time to time.
He: It's nice to know that you will. (With a smile on his face)
Me; Yeah. So, how's the business?
He: It's ood Saheb. People come and eat everyday so there's nothing to complain about.
Me: That's good. After all you serve people with a smile, the food is good. So they ought to come back. Just like I do.
He: That's nice of you to say so. Well, this business brings my food on table, so I need to be sincere while serving people.
Me: I like it Sirji. Well, I wish you all the very best.
By that time the food was there. So, I proceeded with my dinner and left at around 10pm. That was after listening to people talking around me (Well, I do that everytime I go to that hotel!!!) A lot of interesting conversations take place over dinner and it makes for a good entertaintment. In short I enjoy it and always did.
So, back in the hotel now and eagerly waiting for the match. So, just to kill time, I talked on the phone for a while and did some socializing on FB and Twitter.
Finally, the hour is here. The Reds taking on the field. Every time I watch a match, it seems like a new experience for me. It always brings a new sensation. That's what I call the Liverpool Magic, which has been with me ever since I started understanding football. I mean, it's not just about the players, there is something different about Liverpoo. Something that sets them apart from the rest. There is something that makes them so special. I mean, they are really special and I have no words to explain why.
What a match that was. The best from Liverpool I have seen this season. They ran out 4-0 winners leaving me happy and content with my decision to watch this match in a hotel. This was something special. The best moment. Suarez scoring in the last minute of extra time. That was something he really deserved. He was superb as ever. So was the entire team. Proud of them, Proud to be a Red.
That's how the night ended and that's how I slept peacefully with a smile on my face.
Woke up in the afternoon and it's almost time to go home. I really don't wanna go. But that has to be done. I need to pack few things as well. After all I am preparing myself to go home, my real home. So in the evening, I get a text from the "Boss".
Boss: Where are you and what time will you reach?
Me: I am on my way and I will reach at around 6pm.
Boss: That's good. Tonight we will dine at Krishna. It's a Christmas party from your side.
Stunned and speechless now and Ihad no other option. After all, he had the guts to say it and this being my biggest festival, I just couldn't say no.
Me: Okay Sirji. Whatever you say. But we will go out a bit late.
Boss: Okay.
So, I reached home, rested for a while and then set out to eat at night.
Hmmmmmmm... Pretty exciting. Isn't it. Well, you'll read about it more in coming weeks. For now, I will leave you here and will see you very soon. Till then stay safe and take care
Adios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments: