Sunday 9 September 2012

BE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just A Thought……….


My empty mind is the Devil’s playground. When I am at home doing nothing, my mind never fails to wander all over the place. I am not immune to any kind of thoughts, and trust me, when I am idle all these things creeps in more than usual. On a good day however, I do think of significant things and on the other days, just normal stuff, ranging from anger and depression to excitement, in short random things.

Been on a thinking mode since the morning, I hate it when it happens right when I wake up. Friggin annoying to say the least.
How far would you go to please someone? How much are you willing to change to make someone stay? What would you sacrifice to be accepted and to be a part of someone’s life? Pretty vile for a morning thought, but these are just some of the questions that I often ask myself.
They say “It’s always a person who has love in his heart and affection for someone, will sacrifice, some of his/her own comfort, to spread happiness to people around him/her.”
How much??????? And why would we need to sacrifice something or change ourselves just to please someone? Is it really necessary? Well I don’t think so.
I must admit. Yes, I have been guilty of hiding my feelings, making sacrifices and putting on a phony attitude in the past and trust me, I did everything I could to be accepted. However through time, I have learnt that the best way to live is to be myself. Do whatever I want to do and say whatever I want to say. If someone has a problem with it, if someone doesn’t like it, then it’s their problem. Not mine. If they wanna leave because of this, then I guess, it was never meant to be anyways.
I have lost a lot of people, some really close and dear, but that's how life is. It always takes you by surprise, and honestly, these things do not come with a warning sign on them. It's hard losing them, but it's made me a better person and it taught me a lot, which I couldn't have probably learnt in my lifetime.
Momentarily it might and will hurt, but in a long run, it’s always for the better.
So I have just stopped losing my sleep over it and trust me, you’d get nothing out of it. So, if you worry too much about it, stop doing it from now on.
The feeling of being unwanted always hurts. I have been through it and I know it’s not the best thing in the world. I sometimes do things just to evade situations like this, put on a fake smile, and do all those stupid things which I don’t usually do, just to get into it and blend in with people. That however is the stupidest thing to do, “Faking” things will not get you anywhere, and even if it does, it will get you fake friends to hang out with, who’d eventually leave you alone when the real you resurfaces. Trust me it happens, not just in movies, but in real life as well.
Pleasing someone or the ability to bring happiness to someone is a blessing for sure, however not at the expense of our own comfort. Just as much making others happy is important, so are your contentment and happiness and most of all, the honesty to your own self and your feelings. You don’t, in fact no one needs to step out of their comfort zone in an attempt to make someone happy. If they are not happy with who you are, then there will be a lot, trust me, a lot of people who’d be happy to be with you, THE REAL YOU.
So, take off that mask, stop hiding yourself and let it all out. Don’t fret about people who left, just because they couldn’t deal with who you are. Just remember, if they leave then they didn’t deserve you anyway. Every closed chapter doesn’t always mean it’s the end.
It’s easy to say things than doing it, especially when that person means so much. But as they say “Those who don’t love you at your worst, don’t deserve you at your best”. It’s the friggin truth. No one is above you, everyone’s the same. Just as much they deserve love and respect, you do too. If they can’t love and respect you for who you are, then I guess you’d be better off without them.
There is one thing that everyone, including me, needs to know, we are all beautiful in our own way and there is someone, somewhere who’d appreciate and love us just the way we are. There will be someone for whom, we won’t need to change and neither sacrifice anything. Someone, who’d be happy to be with the real us. Someone, who’d have no problems in holding hands when the world is busy pointing out flaws.  
It took me years to understand and realize it and trust me, I had been waging a personal battle inside against these feelings. In all honesty however, I still struggle to accept it sometimes. I do believe in it though and I want to be able to live it as well. But it looks like it’s gonna need some practice.
Be yourself, because there are things that no one can do better than you. Respect yourself. The more you respect yourself, the more others will respect you. Just so you know there is no one like you and there will never be.
It’s not an easy road to travel on, people will hate you, judge you, leave you, always try to pull you down and there will be people who’d always try to make you somebody else. Hard it may be, however just keep walking because one thing is for sure, life would be a lot better and trusting people a lot easier if you only learn to “Be Yourself”.
I know I gotta do it first though. Just a thought??????????? Maybe not……
Take care and stay safe. Adios!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. OMG... I ended up reading all your posts and seriously I really like 'em. Nice write ups, simple yet so original...:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. So glad to have found someone who actually like what i write :) Means a lot to me :D

      Delete
  2. Although I really, really like what you've written and I keep trying to tell myself this too, but I don't know, this society of ours is so demoralizing and obsessed with perfection that it can't let other, or at least me, be content with how I am. Physically and emotionally. I am curious, are you as confident as your words are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confident??? No i am not, but i have sure learnt my lessons. There are a lot to learn still. Glad that you liked it. I always thought that i only write random stuff and no one reads them..lol..

      Delete
    2. I like what you write. :D

      Delete
    3. Thank you loads... :) xx It's always nice to know that someone actually likes it :) xx

      Delete