Friday 7 September 2012

PAGE 250/366: That KoRny Encounter.........



KORN is in the town!!!!! Yeah, you heard me right. KORN.
The band that inspired millions of young lads like me, the band I would kill to watch. I’ll be honest however; if given a chance then I would for sure choose Rage Against The Machine over KORN. A Rage Against The Machine reunion is out of the question, so I guess I am happy with KORN.
KORN haven’t been the same in recent years, especially after “Head” left the band. The energy is still there but the “feel” is missing.  KORN for me symbolized angst, but lately they have mellowed down and so did the music. They don’t make the kind of free for all “Headbanging” and “Mosh-pitting” music anymore, but I’ll still take KORN as well, after seeing Meshuggah, Freak Kitchen, Enslaved And few other bands, I couldn’t have missed this one for anything.
Though I am more into bands like Meshuggah, SiKth, Miss May I, Parkway Drive, BMTH, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, and Slipknot now, I however still have huge respect and love for KORN. After all, everything started from them.
KORN!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are friggin KORN after all.
Everything started with KORN, from my baby step into learning music to a giant leap into making a band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, KORN is the first band to inspire me to put together a team of few musicians and create a band, the rest of inspiration from other bands came way after KORN. Now I reckon you probably didn’t know that I have a band!!!!!! Okay, so yeah……. I do play in a band or rather sing in a band, a very small time band. Recorded few songs and played quite a good number of gigs in town, however not as much active anymore.
I’d just leave it there; we can probably talk about my band some other time. Let’s get back to business and let’s get back to KORN!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, all set to see KORN in person, see them sing in from of me. Friggin excited!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all, I haven’t been to concerts in like ages, so I am kind of anxious about it. The last I remember was going to GIR to watch Meshuggah and that’s been like years.
The show was scheduled to start at 4pm, and it was already 4.30. Still waiting for a friend, who was supposed to go with us. So you could imagine how restless I was. Waiting for someone is not an easy thing to do, especially when you are in a hurry.
I was so friggin eager to get to the venue; I must have called him more than 10 times in like 20 minutes.
Godddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it so friggin hard to wait on someone????????????
Finally, he decides to show up, and we are all ready. Now the big question. How will we go there? First, my car’s been pretty fucked lately and auto doesn’t go till there, so we decided to take a cab instead.
Dead silence inside the cab, bar little sarcasm coming out from my mouth directed towards my friend. I can be that mean sometimes!!!!!! I was kinda pissed to be honest; I was afraid we’d probably miss a good chunk of the show.
We reached the venue at 6pm. To my surprise a huge crowd was still outside. I could hear a band performing, and I knew it had to be Boomarang. So, we didn’t even bother to go in. We stayed out for a while and then entered the scene once it started getting dark. Concerts are much better at night.
Inside now and I can feel the atmosphere, it’s great to see people dressed in black, coming together for one purpose. ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! After a long time, I felt like I’m home.
The smell of weed and beer all over, did I tell you we all got a Budweiser beer vouchers with every tickets??? We did and sad none of us wanted to drink!!!!!!!!! On other days I would have just avoided places like this but I do make exceptions when it comes to concerts and stuff.
After a while, KORN graced the stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY FUCKIN GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!! Pinch me!!!!!!
I am going like friggin crazy!!!!!!!!!
They started off with “Narcissistic cannibal”, and trust me; they won me all over again. Fieldy, Munky, Jonathan Davis…. I so friggin love them. But I kind missed Head and David Silveria. I have been guilty of not listening to KORN much ever since “Head” left. So, I didn’t even know few of the new songs they played, but who gives a fuck!!!!!!!!!!!
Just going wild on each song, whether I know it or not. I couldn’t care less about the lyrics, just the music and presence of KORN was enough to get me high.
Headbanging, getting inside the moshpit, beer spilling all over me…. Proper insanity!!!!!!!!
The best part however, my friend, well, he’s not a KORN fan, but came because he’s never been to a concert. Honestly he didn’t know a single shit they played. But when they started “Another brick in the wall” oh yeah, he knew this song and I could hear him singing that!!!!!!!! He just got out of control!!!!!!!! Funny to say the least!!!!!!
After a mix of old and new songs, KORN ended the night with the all time favorite and never failing to create a moshpit regardless of the timing song “Blind”. This is a song very close to me, as this is one of the two songs that we used to play, the other being “Y’all wanna single”, which sadly they did not play.
I was kinda emotional and just couldn’t stop myself from missing the good old days.
Question. Have you ever felt so emotional that you’d just shed tears, when you see or hear something that inspired you for so many years???
If YES, then you would probably know what I am talking about. I would be honest here; I just couldn’t stop my tears on this one. Seeing KORN was a dream come true for me and it brought me back old the memories that I had almost forgotten. I miss my peers!!!!!!!!!!!
After two hours of nonstop headbanging, shouting and screaming, KORN bid goodbye to everyone. Sore throat, stiff neck and aching body, not to mention the thousands of INR, at the end of Page 250/366 it was all worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally, lived one my dreams and in fact dreams do come true. At the right time and a right place.
See you again soon, till then take care and stay safe. Au Revior.

No comments:

Post a Comment