Thursday 9 August 2012

INSPIRATION


An inspiration. What is it you may ask and honestly that’s what I ask myself a lot of times. Well, to me an inspiration the process of instilling faith and motivation in someone to have a go at life; it’s something which is worth a thousand words, maybe even more than that. It doesn’t necessarily have to be done by a person; however it can be a song, a phrase, a story, a movie or even an incident, it can be anything. If you look for it you’d find inspiration in every little thing and trust me, I get inspired very easily, and this is one quality that I love about myself.
There are a lot of people who have inspired me, a lot of them do things simply out of the kindness in their heart, and do not realize they are inspiring others around them.
An inspiration can change our lives and I have seen it doing so in a positive way. When we inspire others, we're living from our higher selves. When we're being inspired, we expand beyond what we previously were, or know our selves to be, our lives have new breath.
What inspires you? You might ask yourself a lot of times, so do I. To know what inspires you, go back to your memories, sit back, relax and think about the time when you felt most motivated, the times when you felt that you can achieve anything in this world and get what you want. Look for the common things amongst the different times, places and circumstances that made you feel that way, was it something that someone did for you or was it something else. Think about what's inspired you in the past and look to see what's missing now.
There are a lot of times when I lie awake on my bed, trying my best to sleep, which is never the best thing to do, but it is then when I get some of my best ideas to write. These quiet moments inspire me a lot sometimes and it is when I write a lot of my stuff. To sum it up, I find inspiration in the everyday life and maybe every small thing that happens.  I am fascinated by relationships of all types–happy ones, complicated ones, unusual ones. I am inspired by thoughts, phrases, songs, movies, sometimes by people around me and loneliness as well.  Through writing, I often attempt to dissect the meaning behind something that has happened or to describe a particular feeling or emotion. Though I don’t know how much I succeed in doing that it surely helps in a lot of ways.
Things go wrong in everyone’s life, and it’s an inevitability that it‘d happen to you as well. Don't beat yourself up when it does; do not blame anyone for how your life has turned out. Life is a constant process and it isn't static. When you fall, don't be disappointed rather acknowledge the fall, everyone falls once in their lifetime and so will you. Embrace its impact on your life. When something bad happens, you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you or you can let it strengthen you. Honestly, at some point, all this will go away and it does; you just need to trust the process.  
An inspired life however isn't only about inspiration. It's also about elation, about passion and living life fully. Sometimes you gotta do something different and bring in a change to your normal life. Talk to someone you don’t like and wouldn’t normally talk to, and talk like you’ve known them for years. Be smart or be naïve, be exactly the kind of person they prefer talking to. Just let it loose and you’ll find a pretty good chance of an inspiration because sometimes inspiration comes knocking at your door when you least expected. If a certain type of person inspires you, follow and nurture the attraction. If you love a certain type of music or movie then indulge yourself in it, just forget the world for few moments and surround yourself with what you love the most. Lose yourself in what you love and be inspired.

I am most of the times inspired by what has happened, this however doesn’t mean that I am and can’t be inspired by something new that previously didn't affect you. I have always enjoyed the challenge of communicating what I each experience in my everyday life, bringing those unique moments to life through words and sentences. I might not and I am sure I am not a great writer but the wonderful thing about writing is that I can pass on inspiration; if I, in any way, am able to find out and convey some aspect of life, if I am able to educate or entertain the people who read my writing, I may also have the opportunity to inspire them as well.
I’ve learned that when I am feeling down and out, I need to accept this as a time to think and reflect upon the life as it’s turning out to be, and allow myself to look for things to make me happy until it changes the complexion of the things I am going through. I have also learned that I enjoy life the best when I don’t really care about anything, when I am just messing around and being a kid, yeah, sometimes being a kid inspires me.
On an ending note, I leave you all with a quote that has inspired me for sometimes now:

"If it's not happy then it's not the end; it's just the beginning of good things to come". And trust me, it's TRUE.

No comments:

Post a Comment