Wednesday 29 August 2012

PAGE 240/366: Another Story, Another Lesson!!!!!



The day began for me on just a normal note, nothing unusual, did the same things that I do every day. This day however, will be remembered for a long time to come and when I look back at it, I am gonna have plenty to thank GOD for. I am sure about it.
Life is a constant learning process and a lot of them come without even knocking on your door or should I say, they just come unexpectedly.
Alright, I am not going to beat around the bush too much and neither am I going to keep you guessing what it possibly may be.
So…. Here it goes………
As you all know that I started driving once again about a week back, still in the learning process though. So, once again back on the road with my instructor (also a friend) to drive around one of the busier roads. Mind you…. Previously we had been driving around the small roads with a lot less traffic.
Nervous and excited. Yeah I am friggin nervous but a lot of excitement inside me.
Hmmmmm… I took a deep breath. Here I am, on the road once again.
First few rounds, and it seemed it’s not as tough as it looked or as I had imagined. Eased my way past other vehicles and it all seemed so much fun. I had other friends with me, sitting in the back seat and talking, playing music. You could say we were having a good time around.
After a while, we changed the route and to the real thing. A steep left turn and a two way road with no divider!!!!!!!!!!! Are you friggin kidding me!!!!!!!
 Yeah I know it might be a small thing for those who drive but for a learner like me, it’s a friggin HUGE thing!!!!!!!!!!!
First try and I did everything just about right. A small grin on my face for a while…. But kinda happy with how I worked it out.
Upon our return to the same place; I was more confident about negating it. Kind of relaxed this time around and I did everything I could to not screw anything up.
On the turn however, a man out of nowhere emerged in front of my car. FUCK!!!!!! I was friggin shocked. To avoid any contact with him I swerved to the left and almost lost control. Yes I did friggin hit the divider though.
But I was serene enough not to scream, shout or yell at him. He was crossing the road and whilst avoiding a car from the other side he almost bumped into me. He was just as much freaked out as I was.
Then, to avoid further damage I turned the vehicle to the right and instead of pulling the brakes I friggin hit the accelerator. Nervousness got the better of me and by now you can imagine the kind of shit I was in.
The car took off almost like a rocket and again, almost bumped into an old couple walking on the road. Yes, I admit, had it not been for some quick thinking of my friend then I am sure I wouldn’t be writing and telling you about what’s happened. It’d have been a different story altogether then.
Brakes on, and I closed my eyes and recounted everything that happened. Emotions, check.. Anxiety, check.. Nervousness, check. Deep breath in... Deep breath out. 
After a while, I got down to check the damage on the car. Thank goodness, it wasn’t much, just a dent on the side, a small one. I however, felt kind of lucky because it could have been a lot worse than this.
Friends joked around about it for a while and we drove back home. I know they were just trying to comfort me….. And me??????? Yeah, I am pretty calm about it.
Okay, I thought I would never say or do this and it’s been some time now, but eventually I thanked GOD. Yes, I friggin did.
Looking back at it, everything seems normal but when I think about how things could have turned out, just couldn’t stop but thank him.
Second spell of driving lessons and the first accident (a small one though) so far.
I left home to learn how to drive, however as fate would have it, I learnt other lessons as well. This one is just as important as driving, I wouldn’t be wrong if I say, it’s much more important in fact.
Life is short and there is uncertainty looming all over it throughout. You’d never know what life has in stores for you and what drama is going to unfold every moment. It’s the fun part of it at the same time the sad truth that, no one can ever decipher the mystery that life is.
Okay, the point here is… There are always two sides of everything. You probably must have heard about the two sides of coins. For me however, it’s in everything. Everything that happens could be either good for us or bad. It depends on how you wanna see it.
I could look at today as one of the worst but on the other hand it could have gone a lot worse than this. Trust me, it could have.
“Thank GOD for everything that happens to you, remember that if it makes you happy, it’s good and if it doesn’t then it’s a lesson. Always know that things always could have been a lot worse than they actually are”. A lesson well learnt in time.
As they say, a sometimes best thing in life comes in small packages, and it surely did for me. A small incident definitely worth forgetting but a lesson well learnt. That sums up page: 240/366. Stay safe till I see you next time, stay safe. Adios!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa that seemed like a close call!
    Really glad that you're okay and that you didn't end up killing anyone.
    Today is your lucky day. It's my birthday today and I really want to thank you 'cause Alice told me you had helped her with the poster thing (with mine and my friends pictures!?)! THANK YOU SO MUCH! It was very, very kind of you to do that even though we don't really know each other! I am really grateful because now I have wonderful memories of today!!

    ReplyDelete