Sunday 29 July 2012

A GOOD LIFE....


It happened a while ago, while I was at this youth fellowship. I was supposed to give message there, which has always been a bummer as I have never been one of those people who can stand in front of people and talk, not to mention getting their attention, which is a far cry. If you see me for real then you will know where I am getting at.
However, as it was, I felt sort of stuck there without any escape route. I stood up anyway with no prefixed ideas, thanks to some quick thinking though, which doesn’t come to me very often but I guess it was my lucky day.
So I began with a question to everyone “What I s that one decision you took in your life that has made you proud?”
Ok, the deal was everyone would just stand up and share something with everyone present there. I began with saying “The best decision so far in my life that I can still recall with much pride would be deciding to stay strong, love a lot and give as much as possible. There are a lot of things I have done that I am not proud of, but this decision has changed my life.” 
Everyone thankfully participated and shared experiences with each other. Some talked about quitting smoking and drinking while others talked about how making sure to attend church has changed their lives. There were others, not to mention who didn’t seem much interested in it, still talked about how decision to not bunk school or career choices has made them proud.
Amidst all this, there was one guy who really took interest in the topic; well you can say that he was one of the few sober guys around. His words:
Look at yourself, think about how you are leading your life and then picture yourself as a parent whose child is leading the same lifestyle, then ask yourself, would that make me a happy parent?
Still inspires me in a lot of way and yes, it was quite overwhelming.
“If you don’t want that to happen to yourself then think about it, it’s not too late to start again. Parents know what we do, they might not say anything about it, but it surely hurts them.” He further added. That would be his ending note as well, quite impressive to say the least.
Yes life is too short, so take a deep breath, stop whatever you are doing, take time out and think about how you are leading your life. This life, as I said is short, really short to hurt people who loves you the most, instead let them know that you love them through actions or through words. Just go all out, who knows these small things might mean the world to them.
Whatever you do affects the people around you in a lot of ways and I am sure you don’t want them to be affected in a negative way. Think before you do anything; think about the consequences they will bring forth. Always remember it’s your life, you have the freedom to live it the way it pleases you  however it’s not just about you. Your life is connected to a lot of people who care about you, some might show it while others just choose to be silent about it, but that doesn’t mean they care less about you. They just love you as much; they just have a different way of showing it.
Life is short, love freely and give as much as you can and it will surely help you lead a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment