Sunday 29 July 2012

LOVE OR SOMETHING LIKE IT


How many times have you met someone that you thought is the one you want to spend your life with? Or should I say how many times have you found “the one”? Not a simple question to answer, isn’t it. Even I find this question a bit tricky myself. I mean love is not my area of expertise, however I do realize that it takes it’s time. For some, it takes years for some it takes just months. However it does take its own time. You must have guessed by now that I don’t believe in love at first sight.
And I don’t believe when friends tell me that I love this girl when they haven’t even spoken to them once. To me that’s something which can never happen in this world. People might have different opinion about this, but that’s just me.
Let me tell you about something that happened not a while ago. A friend of mine, known him since childhood. More like a cousin to me, would come up to me and tells me
“Dude!! Once in a lifetime there comes a girl, who you take to your parents and tell them, mom and dad this is the girl I wanna marry and spend my life with. This is that girl”.
Let me also be clear on this, he saw her first at a party and before they knew each other well he asked her out to which she said yes. It’s been like 3 months since they have been dating.
And my reaction to that? No way in hell dude, this is not happening!! That was the only thing in my mind that I could think of when I heard him saying that. Though I did not say anything at that time, I was sort of trying not to laugh, to be honest. I mean come on, they haven't even known each other well. Just three months and this bold statement? That came as a real shocker. In all honesty though, I was kind of expecting it to come but not this soon.
So it happened and they would go on dating for another 6 months, acting more like a celebrity couple. After few days though, they broke up for reasons best known to them. They wouldn’t tell me so I did not even bother asking. He was a bit disappointed, but me being one of those guys who would just grab these kind of opportunities to bring someone down, couldn’t just let it go. I still enjoy making fun of him for what he had said and I am being honest, it’s frigging awesome.
I am telling you this story as I have always been with the old school of thoughts about love that it takes time and does not happen at first sight. Infatuations or crushes can be develop at first sight but not love. I have always believed in three steps that leads to love. It starts with a crush or infatuation, which is the first step. Then moves to friendship, that is the second step. At the final and the third step it eventually reaches love. This is the theory about love that I always believed in. You might not agree with me; however that is what I think. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion and it’s too frigging sad if ours differ from each other.


1 comment:

  1. wel LOVE hs no fix expln8tion it hppn frm prsn to prsn diffrntly!!!

    ReplyDelete