Saturday 28 July 2012

An Open Letter To LIVERPOOL FC Players.



Dear Liverpool FC Players,

I am writing this letter though I never thought in my lifetime would I need to write a letter to the people I admire the most and love, for what they do. Times are changing and things have changed drastically. It was not long ago till Liverpool was regarded as one of the biggest European clubs, however within 3-4 years time it has turned into an average English Premier League team. Who is to blame here, the previous owners, Rafa Benitez, Roy Hodgson, Kenny Dalglish, John W. Henry or the players? Well it’s not the best thing to point fingers when everything in the club is just not going right, let alone the results. Lately there has been a lot of negativity surrounding the supporters who constantly whine about Liverpool not being able to win, Kenny has failed to deliver or Kenny should be sacked. These are just few of those rants that I have been reading lately.
 I am disappointed at Liverpool not able to win matches, however I am trying my best to refrain myself from blaming anyone in particular, let alone Kenny for that matter. What hurts me the most is your performance on the pitch. I would not name anyone because I believe that everyone knows whether they have been performing good or bad.  It is so easy for people to point finger and blame one person for the poor results when there are more than 11 people involved in the outcome of the match.
It hurts me a lot to see team losing, hurts me more to see Kenny being blamed for putting faith in you and letting you play. Some of you were brought in by Kenny himself, who showed enormous faith in you and gave you the chance to show us what you can do for us. However that faith hasn’t paid off yet and I am out of ideas why is it not happening? Is it because you don’t want to play under Kenny or is it because you don’t want to play for LFC?  Or is it our luck that we have not won the matches that we dominated? It’s something that has been bothering me a lot lately. The worst part is that Liverpool FC has lately become a stack of jokes from people all around, which I am sure hurts you just as much it hurts me and everyone who loves this wonderful club.
I hate to see a man who loves LFC to the core and gave his best to the club every time the club needed him, being slated every now and then when you guys fail to get a win on the pitch. This is creating a discord between the supporters as well, which is not the best thing to happen when they should be together and supporting the team through thick and thin.
Kenny might make mistakes in his team selection or maybe team tactics, which has happened quite a few times this season. If he makes those mistakes then as a player it’s your collective responsibility to rectify it on the pitch. This is what they call a team work, cover up for other’s mistakes and I am sure you are all well aware of it, but sadly I don’t see it happen when we play.
As I said before I will not blame any of you personally for how the season has shaped up so far neither will I slate any of you for it, I will however encourage you to do better, put in your best and play like a true Red should play. I hope that you all think about what happened, take a look back, discuss it and make sure that it’s not repeated. Because what you do on the pitch affects a lot of things outside the pitch. I am sure you are all well aware of what is going on with the media which is right now going all crazy after Liverpool’s inability to win matches.
Things has been really bad already, we are standing at 8th position in the league with 7 games to go and also semi-final match with Everton. I request you to please make sure that we get the maximum out of these matches. What’s done is done and we can never change it no matter how much wanted to but what we can do is, we can start from now and make the end so much better. Because one thing supporting LFC has taught me is that I must have faith when everyone around me has lost hope and when you believe in someone or something, the true test of your faith is during the bad times not during the good! I will always support you and have complete faith in you that you will not let me down. Sometimes we all need an inspiration and a little push to achieve something and I hope that this letter gives you just that. Once a Red, always a Red.
Y.N.W.A
Regards and Best Wishes,
A Proud Supporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment