Friday 27 July 2012

MAY 5th: THE DAY I CRIED FOR DIFFERENT REASONS


Today will be remembered in my life for a lot of reasons. The day started off normally just like any other day nothing too special about it.
But there were few things I was really looking forward to, first our match, which was scheduled for the afternoon. Second, the Liverpool’s FA Cup Final against Chelsea and third Barcelona’s last home game for this season against Espanyol. Pretty much all filled with football, to tell you the truth.
Ok, let me start off with the first thing here. The friendly match, it was against one of the toughest amateur teams around and honestly we were dead sure that we would surely lose this match, our best player was away and couldn’t make it and to be honest, we all thought without him we stand no chance. So the game started and to my surprise we dominated the entire game and won 1-0 which could have been 3-0 easily had it not been for missing the clear goal scoring chances. Having said that, still would not blame anyone for that, AFTER ALL WE FREAKING WON THE MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then the match I had been waiting for past few days!!!! The match that meant so much for the REDS all over the world and me of course, after the sub standard League performance I really hoped that this would bring the much needed respite to all the fans and players alike after all the frustrations throughout the year. So the match began I couldn’t watch the most of the first half but got the news that Liverpool did not play well from certain people, I wouldn’t wanna mention who they are and I guess you know the reason why. First half 1-0 down.
The second half started with no changes for either sides, and guess who scored?? I wouldn’t even wanna name the fucking twat!!! But you can all read the papers in the morning and you’ll know who it was!! So it’s Chelsea 2-0 up by now, Liverpool looks certain to lose the trophy now. Then a certain Andy Carroll came on for Liverpool, the same lad I used to slate a lot. And guess what?? No prizes for guessing though!!! He scored, yeah, that’s right he fucking scored and now it’s game on!!! Chelsea by now looks out of sorts and Liverpool dominating. Then would come the moment that defined the final, Carroll’s header palmed away by Cech, Carroll is celebrating and so is the entire Kop army in the stands, but goal not given. Was it a goal or was it not? Unbiased views, it was a goal!!! Yes it fucking was!!! No fingers pointed at the referee though. The debate will go on for few days for sure. Chelsea fans would always say it wasn’t, and it’s easy for them to say so. But honestly I ask all the Chelsea “fans” “HAD IT BEEN A REVERSE CASE WHAT WOULD YOU SAY ABOUT THAT??” That did really shape the final.
And yeah, something happened before the final whistle. Liverpool still trailing 2-1 and 2 minutes of stoppage time already played and the Kop army present at Wembley roars out singing “YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE”. FUCKING PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean come on, how many team still sing when their team is losing? I have not seen it, never in my life. WE LOST THE FINAL!!! YEAH WE FUCKING LOST IT!!! All you Chelsea “fans” can say whatever they want to, I couldn’t care less about you honestly!!!!!  
SAD? YES I AM TO THE CORE. PROUD? YES I STILL AM, NO MATTER WHAT I WILL ALWAYS BE PROUD OF BEING A RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The last match of the night, the Catalan Derby. Guardiola’s last home game in charge of Barcelona, after ruling the football world for 4 years. Messi gave him the perfect parting gift. He scored 4 goals on the night making it 50 in the league and 71 overall in all competitions for this season!!! What a record!!! This lad never cease to put the smile on my face, not matter how sad I am!!! JUST FUCKING LOVE HIM!!!!!!! After the match parting speech from Guadiola, which brought millions to tears, I admit I was one of them. IT WAS THE NIGHT WHEN MESSI BROKE RECORDS AND GUADIOLA BROKE HEARTS!!!! He will be missed and that is for sure!!!!
Day of mixed emotions finally coming to an end, and honestly, I would not mind forgetting this day, but I am sure I will always remember this day as the day when U cried for different reasons. Finally though the day is coming to an end and I am sure tomorrow will be a better day….. And as I always said “IF IT’S NOT HAPPY THEN IT’S NOT THE END, IT’S JUST THE BEGINNING OF GOOD THINGS TO COME.”

No comments:

Post a Comment