Saturday 28 July 2012

TO FRIENDS- THANK YOUUUUU....


Lately I have been thinking a lot about friends and the value of friendship. I am not one of those who have a bunch of friends everywhere, but I rather choose to have a small but a close group of friends around me, friends, who I can always trust with everything. I am not sure if that works with you or not but it surely works with me. Never been good with keeping up with people unless I like them a lot, to be honest. Whatever I think or whatever my theory regarding friendship is, I know one thing is for sure:
Life for sure wouldn’t be the same if I did not have these beautiful people around me. 
Growing up with lack of confidence or should I say inferiority complex, that’s how some people actually wanna put it though, I hate the term to be honest, was not an easy thing. With me being me, I never had a lot of friends which meant that I had few people to turn to while growing up. Family was there for sure, however no one outside, not at least anyone I could call a friend.
I have however, been one of those people who always depended on friends or family in everything I do, but at the same time always maintained a very small group of friends. That has a lot to do with lack of confidence in myself, which has been in me for as long as I can remember. It is a problem that I should be dealing with on my own but as fate would have it; I guess life wants me to love people around me. Maybe that is why I never grew in confidence though I grew in size, shape and age. Depending on people for everything is not the best thing to do but it surely has taught me how to love people.
That’s enough said about myself, am pretty sure that you are bored by all these. So, I will just write what I actually set out to write without wasting any more time.  
It’s not been an easy ride but along the road I have found friends here and there who made this life a lot better. I would surely not be able to name each one of them but they are all remembered fondly every time I take a look around how my life has shaped up so far. There were a lot who came and just went on and took a different path and some stayed through the journey. I am thankful to each one of them for being who they are to me and for what they did for me.
I would be honest; I haven’t actually met a lot of my friends in my life, but that does not make them less important. In fact they have just been as important as all the people I see and meet, it wouldn’t be far from correct if I say they might just be a bit more important in a lot of ways than the people I see every day. That’s the beauty of friendship, you don’t need to see or meet each other.
Life is short and uncertain and I am just taking time out to let you all know that I am thankful enough to have met you beautiful people. Just wanna say THANK YOU for all that you have done my dear friends and yes, if I have ever by mistake hurt you or made you feel bad, I apologize for it. Never will I intentionally do anything like that. I might fight with you, tease you or even piss you off on small things and maybe with my constant nonsense I might get on your nerves but inside, always remember I LOVE YOU.

1 comment: